Former Liverpool forward Sadio Mane has left Bayern Munich to join Cristiano Ronaldo at Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr.
The 31-year-old scored 12 goals in 38 games for Bayern in an underwhelming season despite initially impressing.
The 31-year-old only joined Bayern last summer on a three-year deal following a £35m move from Liverpool, but he fell out of favour after punching team-mate Leroy Sane following a Champions League defeat by Manchester City in April.
Reports suggest the German champions have recouped most of the £35m they paid Liverpool for Mane a year ago.
Bayern CEO Jan-Christian Dreesen said the former Southampton player had not had an “easy year” since moving from Anfield.
“He was not able to contribute to as much as we all and he himself had hoped,” said Dreesen.
“That’s why we decided together he would start a new chapter in his career and make a fresh start at another club.”
Earlier on Tuesday Bayern manager Thomas Tuchel said he and Mane agreed “it was the best solution to untie the knot”.
“We had a long, big hug and we both agreed we don’t like what’s happening now, but we think it’s for the best in this situation,” said the Bayern coach.
“Sometimes things don’t work out as everybody wants. I have always had a very good relationship with him and this will stay.
“I can totally understand he feels hurt and I also wouldn’t feel happy if things like this happened.
“Obviously it’s something that we didn’t bring into the full potential, which is my responsibility, but in this particular situation it was the best solution to untie the knot.”
Mane left Anfield having made 269 appearances, scoring 120 goals in all competitions, after signing from Southampton in 2016.