Manchester United head coach Erik ten Hag will reportedly not bring Jadon Sancho back into the first-team picture at Old Trafford unless the forward publicly and privately apologises to him.
The England international is currently training away from the first team and is not being considered for matches following his high-profile falling-out with Ten Hag earlier this month.
Man United’s boss said that the 23-year-old was not involved in the clash with Arsenal ahead of the international break due to his poor performances in training.
Sancho hit back on social media, though, insisting that was not the case, and the post remained pinned to the top of his ‘X’ profile until the start of last week.
Speaking at the end of last week, Ten Hag admitted that he ‘does not know’ whether the former Manchester City youngster will play for the Red Devils again.
“I don’t know,” Ten Hag told reporters when questioned on the matter during his press conference to preview the Premier League clash with Brighton & Hove Albion last weekend.
There has been a host of speculation surrounding Sancho’s future since the incident, with Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund three clubs said to be eyeing possible loan moves in January.
According to Football Insider, Ten Hag wants Sancho to make ‘a public and private apology’ in order to be brought back into the first-team picture.
The report claim that Man United would want ‘a huge fee’ to let the forward leave permanently at the start of 2024, but a loan move is a possibility if the relationship between the player and his manager cannot be fixed.
Sancho was heavily linked with a move to Saudi Pro League outfit Al Ettifaq before the end of the division’s transfer window, but a switch ultimately could not be agreed.
The forward has another three years left to run on his contract at Old Trafford, having penned a five-year deal when he arrived from Dortmund in the summer of 2021.
Sancho has largely found it difficult to make his mark during his time at Old Trafford, only managing 12 goals and six assists in 82 appearances in all competitions.
However, he was one of the most in-demand attackers in world football during his time at Dortmund, scoring 50 goals and contributing 64 assists in 137 appearances for the German outfit.
Sancho will again be unavailable for Man United’s next Premier League match against Burnley on Saturday evening unless there is a dramatic turn of events over the next 24 hours.