The management of Nasarawa United Football Club have extended the break given to its players and officials by a week due to the COVID-19 fears, the sportsbay reports
In a statement, the Chairman of the Club, Barr. Isaac Danladi said the players will resume on 5th April, 2020, but added that the said date is still subject to change, depending on further directives by Management of the Club.
It would be recalled that Nasarawa United had earlier embarked on a ten-day break, which started on 20th and expected to end on Sunday, 29th March, 2020.
“The Management wishes to further advise its players, coaching crew and other staff of the Club to adhere to laid down precautionary measures like regular hand washing, use of hand sanitiser, maintain social distancing, stay at home, avoid crowded areas, dab while coughing or sneezing, and observe personal and environmental hygiene to avoid contracting the virus, ”the statement said.
In the same vein, Abia Warriors has also extended the existing break period for the club’s players and officials for one week.
According to the Club’s Sporting Director, Mr. Patrick Ngwaogu, the new resumption date for the team will now be 7th April, 2020.
The Club Head Coach Willy Udube while reacting to the new resumption date as announced by the club management further advised the players to make their private work intensity to be their utmost paramount.
He further enjoined them to adhere strictly to their training programmes.