Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has admitted it would not be good enough for his side to go five matches without a win.
The Portuguese is under pressure after United’s worst start to a league campaign for 29 years.
His side have not won at Old Trafford since the opening day of the season.
“We can do much better. To do that we need points – points we lost in the last two matches,” Mourinho said before Saturday’s home game against Newcastle.
Tuesday’s goalless home draw against Valencia in the Champions League followed defeat at West Ham, a Carabao Cup exit on penalties to Championship side Derby and a draw with Wolves.
Asked at a news conference on Friday if another match without a victory would not be good enough for a club of United’s size, Mourinho replied: “Yes, I accept.”
The 55-year-old, who was involved in an apparent training-ground dispute with midfielder Paul Pogba last week, said there were “many reasons” for the winless run, but declined to explain what they were.
He did not answer when asked if he could assure fans he was doing everything possible to turn the team’s form around. (BBC)