These are not the best times for superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo as sportswear makers have threatened to end deals with him over his rape case.
Similarly, his club Juventus have started to experience a dip in shares over the rape allegations surrounding the Portuguese star.
Two leading sponsors of the 33-year-old are “monitoring the situation,” while shares in Juventus — which have risen more than 100% in the last six months, owing largely to the record signing of Ronaldo in July — fell more than five percent after it issued a statement of support for the player.
The US sportswear giant – which has a contract worth a reported $1bn (£768m) with Ronaldo – said it would “continue to closely monitor the situation”, the Associated Press reports.
EA Sports, which also has a contract with Ronaldo, made similar comments.
Ronaldo, 33, earlier “firmly” denied assaulting Kathryn Mayorga at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.
It was also widely reported that Nike is “deeply concerned” by the allegations made against the Juventus star, who has a reported $1 billion endorsement deal with the US sportswear giant.
“We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation,” said the Nike statement, which was first obtained by AP.
Juventus’ record signing has been accused of raping Kathryn Mayorga in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009. Las Vegas police this week re-opened the complaint made by Mayorga, who is said to be suffering “psychological” damage from the incident.
Ronaldo, one of the wealthiest and most famous sports stars in the world, released a statement Wednesday denying the charges, which allege that he raped Mayorga while she repeatedly screamed no, according to a lawsuit filed in Clark County, Nevada, last week.