Cristiano Ronaldo is set for a return to Old Trafford after Juventus were drawn against Manchester United in the Champions League group stage.
Joining United and Serie A champions Juventus in a difficult Group H are Valencia and Young Boys.
A tricky draw for Tottenham sees Mauricio Pochettino’s men take on La Liga champions Barcelona, as well as Inter Milan and PSV, in Group B.
Last season’s runners-up Liverpool, in Pot Three for the draw, come up against Ligue 1 winners Paris Saint-Germain, Napoli and Red Star Belgrade in Group C.
Premier League champions Manchester City face a somewhat simpler task, with Shakhtar Donetsk, Lyon and Hoffenheim for company in Group F.
Real Madrid take on Roma, CSKA Moscow, Viktoria Plzen in Group G as they chase a fourth successive Champions League title.
The first round of matches will take place on September 18 and 19 with the final matchday split between December 11 and 12.
The top two from each group will progress to the knockout stages, which starts in February. The final will take place at Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano stadium on June 1.
- Group A: Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Monaco, Club Brugge
- Group B: Barcelona, TOTTENHAM, PSV, Inter Milan
- Group C: PSG, Napoli, LIVERPOOL, Red Star Belgrade
- Group D: Lokomotiv Moscow, Porto, Schalke, Galatasararay
- Group E: Bayern Munich, Benfica, Ajax, AEK Athens
- Group F: MAN CITY, Shakhtar, Lyon, Hoffenheim
- Group G: Real Madrid, Roma, CSKA Moscow, Viktoria Plzen
- Group H: Juventus, MAN UTD, Valencia, Young Boys