Rory Mcllroy Admits He Is Not 100% Healthy To Compete

| |

Top golfer, Rory McIlroy has admitted during the PGA Championship he was still not 100 percent healthy after missing part of the season with a rib injury. He is ready to tee it up in all four FedEx Cup events as he attempts to defend his title.

“I’m OK to play these next four out of five weeks,” McIlroy said in an interview with ESPN.com. “But then I do need a prolonged period off at some point in 2017 to be ready for 2018.”

After missing two straight cuts at both the Irish Open and the Scottish Open early this summer, McIlroy returned to form with top-5 finishes at both the British Open and the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. He then played well during the final round of the PGA Championship to move into a tie for 22nd.

Despite the run of good form, McIlroy would like to enjoy an actual offseason this winter, which is something golfers don’t always get.

“I feel like I’m going to have a good bit of time at the end of the year to work on my fitness, to work on my game,” McIlroy said. “Guys who play both tours, you don’t get this opportunity to take a couple of months off and really work on what you need to work on, on your game — a real and proper offseason. Like every other sport has, basically. I’m excited for that.”

McIlroy plans on concluding 2017 with the Dunhill Links Championship Oct. 5-8. If so, he would not compete in the European Tour’s Race to Dubai finale in November or the Australian Open, which he has previously won.

With no major championship wins since 2014, it may be wise for McIlroy to change up his approach and finally get fully healthy entering the 2017-18 season.

Previous

McGregor Declares Self New ‘God Of Boxing’

Cristiano Ronaldo Reacts To ‘Incomprehensible’ Upholding Of Five-Match Ban

Next

Fido

•Sport writer/blogger • Media strategist •Good citizen of Nigeria and Social Media Evangelist and a core die hard Real Madrid fan.

Leave a Comment